Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Six Days in Cebu

by Kunio Imamura

This is a story of my travel from Japan to Cebu to stay in a family-run resort villa. I went there last year with my coworker and this year I convinced an additional coworker to accompany me on my return trip.

“Why Cebu again ?” The decision was made because I would like to experience again, the tropical scenery, food, etc. surrounded by friendly hosts. Once is not enough to know well the attractions of Cebu.

Thursday, June 01. 2000
Alighting the airplane packed with Japanese tourists, we were met by our hostess, Anita, who came with her two daughters, a son-in-law, and her driver, to the Mactan ...

The second day began early, at 5:30 because I slept well and the crowing rooster in the neighborhood was too loud to ignore. The beautiful scenery from our room on the second floor made me realize that we had reached our tropical paradise, Cebu. Through scattered coconut trees, I watched the calm sea all the way out to Bohol Island.

That morning, we visited “the Tops” which is the highest spot...

On our fifth day, the Abuan family invited us to a BBQ lunch at the beach located within walking distance. We enjoyed the foods and even tried a coconut wine which was delicious in spite of an oily smell which stinks profusely. Along the back way to the villa, I struggled to climb up a coconut tree, but the laws of gravity kept me from doing so!

For our last supper in Cebu, Anita prepared a delicious soup, baked squid and a fresh ...

Visit Site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home